Jr. Environmental Scientist
If you love what you do, yearn for an awesome company culture and are fanatical about customer experience, this role is for you!
AJM Environmental specializes in wetland, wildlife and aquatic services including wetland monitoring programs, pre-development assessments and regulatory applications. Our purpose is to enable responsible, sustainable development by working with clients to understand and manage impacts to the environment. AJM offers a fast-paced working environment with a high degree of flexibility and autonomy. We are based in Calgary, the heart of the Canadian energy sector.
This posting is for a contract Jr. Environmental Scientist who will be an integral part of the AJM team for the 2019 field season. The following characteristics appeal to the ideal candidate:
- Fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- A growing company where efforts are recognized;
- Ability to influence and learn about a variety of aspects of the environmental industry;
- Great team and culture; and
- Cool office in a great location (we’re dog friendly with a golf simulator!).
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Assist with the design, planning and implementation of field assessments;
- Conduct field assessments including wildlife surveys and wetland assessments in a safe, technically defensible, and efficient manner;
- Analyze field data to develop management and mitigation recommendations;
- Write clearly and succinctly to convey environmental considerations and results;
- Develop regulatory applications and liaise between regulators and clients when necessary; and
- Work independently, often outside of office hours, to meet challenging deadlines and client requests.
Specific skills and requirements we are looking for include:
- A willingness to go the extra mile;
- A self-starter who thrives in a demanding environment working as part of a team;
- Ability to work independently with great communication skills;
- Ability to learn new technology (and have fun while doing so!);
- Minimum of B.Sc. or technical diploma in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, or related discipline;
- Registered, or ability to register as a professional biologist or agrologist (or associated technologist);
- Solid bird identification skills, and a desire to continue to learn;
- Previous field experience and a desire to get hands dirty in the field;
- Ability to work remotely for extended periods;
- Able to prioritize competing initiatives and deal with ambiguity; and
- Self-motivated, organized and entrepreneurial.
If this sounds like you, we would love to chat. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and let us know why you are a great fit!
This position will remain open until an ideal candidate is found.
Thanks for your interest!